Demystifying the Arts Council





















Arts Council Project Award Clinic will be taking place tomorrow at 11.30am in the Half Moon Theatre, Cork. The Limerick, Galway and Dublin ones have already taken place.

I am curious to have an insight into application or submission procedures which seem to be shrouded in mystery for many. I have only on occasion spoken about it with others and have found that everyone has a different techniques and layouts and styles. I am hoping that it will be useful and not just a recital of the online guidelines.

{Edit} It was primarily a walk through of the guidelines. Though there were a few interesting parts. It was a charged room, it was clear that many people were a little annoyed at the Arts Council. A few people left early.

On a different note, I was quite annoyed at persons sitting near me who were making jokes and chatting throughout. They laughed a few times after people had asked questions. Whether or not they were laughing at people I do not know, but it seemed that way. I despise that kind of parasitic behaviour. I recognised them from the local arts circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment